Affiliate Individual memberships are offered only to social workers in Ontario and Quebec, as these regions do not have CASW Partner Organizations.
If you are currently a member of one of CASW's partner organizations, you are automatically a member of CASW. For a full list of CASW’s partner organizations, click here.
Membership fees are $50 CAD per year, payable online by PayPal or by cheque.
To qualify for the individual membership category with CASW you must have a degree from a university program accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education or a degree/diploma which is recognized by the provincial social work regulatory authority for the purpose of social work registration. CASW individual memberships are available only in provinces that do not have a Partner Organization in the CASW Federation (Ontario and Québec).
To qualify for Student Membership (free) – individuals must be attending an accredited or recognized social work program in Canada. Student memberships cease at the renewal date following the successful completion of a Bachelor or Master of Social Work.
- To become an Individual Member of CASW, click here.
- To become a Student Member of CASW, click here.
- If you would like to print and submit a hard copy of your application form via regular mail, and pay via cheque, you can download a PDF form below.
- To renew your Individual Membership with CASW, click here.
- If you would like to print and submit a hard copy of your renewal form via regular mail, and pay via cheque, you can download a PDF form below.