Affiliate Individual memberships are offered only to social workers in Quebec, as this region does not have a CASW Partner Organization.
CASW is pleased to announce the reunification of the Ontario Association of Social Workers into the national federation. Effective April 1, 2021, CASW will end offering direct individual affiliate memberships to Ontario social workers. If you are a current member, please see our questions & answers page for how this will affect your membership and renewal.
If you are currently a member of one of CASW's partner organizations, you are automatically a member of CASW. For a full list of CASW’s partner organizations, click here.
Membership fees are $50 CAD per year, payable online by PayPal or by cheque.
To qualify for the individual membership category with CASW you must have a degree from a university program accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education or a degree which is recognized by the provincial social work regulatory authority for the purpose of registration as a social worker (RSW). CASW individual memberships are available only in provinces that do not have a Partner Organization in the CASW Federation (Ontario and Québec).
To qualify for Student Membership (free) – individuals must be attending an accredited or recognized social work program in Canada. Student memberships cease at the renewal date following the successful completion of a Bachelor or Master of Social Work.
- To become an Individual Member of CASW, click here.
- To become a Student Member of CASW, click here.
- If you would like to print and submit a hard copy of your application form via regular mail, and pay via cheque, you can download a PDF form below.
- To renew your Individual Membership with CASW, click here.
- If you would like to print and submit a hard copy of your renewal form via regular mail, and pay via cheque, you can download a PDF form below.