Monday, July 27, 2020
Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – F&CS Early Childhood Development, Family Supports
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $68,807.00 - $79,707.00 per annum
Closing Date: July 27, 2020
This posting will be used to fill three (3) full-time permanent positions, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Working as a Family Support Worker, you’ll provide and maintain home-based support services to families and children. Your role in this position is to assess the risk of abuse, collaborate with parents to reduce the identified risk and assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship by improving parenting skills. This position will also call on you to assist in mentoring and training new FSWs when necessary.
For more information, please contact Ian MacDonald, Supervisor Family Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications, specifically how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications shown below. Ensure a month/year format is used for each work experience. Note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
• Completion of Social Work Degree or Social Services Diploma;
• Experience working collaboratively with parents to strengthen the parent-child relationship by improving parenting skills;
• Experience identifying and assessing the risk of families and children using the child protection lens;
• Experience assisting parents in learning problem-solving and coping skills by teaching and modelling appropriate and positive parenting and life skills, and
• Experience facilitating groups.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
• Proven ability to build rapport and trust in relationships with clients, collaterals and stakeholders;
• A commitment to providing the best service possible;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills;
• Understanding of the values and practice of strength-based, family centred services;
• Understanding of child protection and Child and Family Services Act, and
• Understanding of Yukon First Nation Culture Self-reflective practice.
Conditions of pre-employment:
• Criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector
• Valid Yukon class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent
• Negative result on TB screening
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends
To apply for the position of Family Support Worker with one of Canada’s 100 Employers, and for full details on the duties, requirements and conditions of employment of the role, please visit: https://yukon.ca/en/employment.
"Committed to Employment Equity"