Monday September 30, 2019 to Wednesday October 2, 2019Location:
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN
The Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science at Swinburne University of Technology & Forensicare invites you to submit abstracts for the upcoming conference - Prato 2019: Working with violence in adults and youth.
This international conference brings together policy contributors, lawyers, clinicians, legal decision makers, advocates, and researchers to explore the phenomenon of violence from a cross-disciplinary perspective, focusing on clinical, welfare, and legal strategies to explore effective responses to addressing, intervening and preventing violent behaviour. We welcome you to submit abstracts in the form of a paper, symposium or roundtable discussion.
The conference will give particular attention to the following themes:
• Understanding violence and offending
• Exploring youth violence and anti-social behaviour
• Family violence and child welfare
• Gender and cultural effects
• Legal reforms for managing violent offending
• Advances in offending programs and approaches to desistance from violence
• Mental illness, trauma, personality dysfunction, substance misuse and violence
• Risk, intervention, diversion and decarceration approaches and policy
The conference will offer considerable opportunity for cross-national dialogue. Keynote speakers, presented papers and roundtable forums will address the conference aims.
Call for abstracts close: 30th May, 2019
Abstract template and submission guidelines can be found HERE